It's been in the 80's this week, maybe we'll get a summer this year. Last year was so cool and wet, I just couldn't get enough warmth into my bones. It's been a fabulous spring this year weather wise. We've been really enjoying it.
I've got most of my spring stuff into the ground except my potatoes which I'm planning to do sometime today. I planted onions, carrots, beets, kale, chard, leeks, lettuce and radishes. I also planted a whole 19 foot row of asparagus this year. I've always wanted to do that but somehow never figured out a place for it. This year I just went for it. I can't believe how fast it grows. I've got a bunch of tall, skinny spears growing out there. The hardest part is going to be keeping the bed weeded. I'm not good about that.
The strawberries I planted last year are looking awesome and are even starting to flower. The garlic I planted in the fall is getting tall and looking good too. My baby tomato, pepper, basil, parsley and savory plants are looking good and enjoying a bit of time outside. I love spring. The weeds are under control, the plants look great, the weather is fine...
Thursday, April 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
3 comments:
Are strawberries perenials? I planted a bunch this year and I thought they were annual. Mine are going nuts! Is it possible I've found something edible I can actually grow? :)
They are perenials. You are supposed to pick off the flowers the first year and harvest next year.
Yeah, I read about the pinching off the flowers too late. Oh well.
Post a Comment