Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Where are my priorities? ***UPDATED***

I had a bad day yesterday. The kind of day where you feel sorry for yourself and get overwhelmed by clutter and stupid stuff. I got a reality check this morning.

This morning, at about 6:45, Jeff started to go out the door for work and started talking to someone. I heard him say, "who's out there?" then, "hey, buddy, are you ok?". I look out and see our neighbor laying on our driveway. He was incoherent and very cold. He was wearing shorts, a t shirt and no shoes. It was 26* F outside. I don't know how long he was there. I don't know if he fell. I sent Emma in for blankets and wrapped him up while Jeff called 911.

Please pray for him. I don't know if he's ok. I don't know how cold he got or what made him collapse in my driveway to begin with. He's a Marine vet who was severely injured by a roadside bomb in Iraq a few years ago. He lives alone. I keep thinking of him lying out there alone and cold.

UPDATE:

I talked to my neighbor's mother this morning. He should be out of the hospital today. They think he had a seizure and got disoriented. His temperature fell to 94*F so they think he was outside for a while. His feet are ok though. I'm so thankful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your priorities are now in check.
My prayers are with you and your neighbor. Please keep us updated.
28* verses 58* hum I love your life but California sounds so much warmer.
love yah ME