Fall is such a busy time, isn't it? I finally got all those apples processed. I ended up with about 6 quart sized bags of dehydrated apples, 11 quarts and 2 pints applesauce, 8 quarts and 6 pints of apple pie filling and we still have eating apples. I think we will be going back this weekend for some more for applesauce and more for dehydrating.
It's really nice to see the shelves of food knowing that we will be eating it all winter. In addition to the apples, we have 6 pints of green beans from the garden, the freezer corn, pickles, sweet pickle relish, the cinnamon pickles, grape and dandelion jelly, cherry and strawberry jam and 12 pints of salsa. I do have some tomatoes still left in the freezer for a few more jars of salsa and I have peppers in the garden to deal with still. I think the garden was worth it. We are getting greens from it now and a few tomatoes. I have carrots, turnips and beets out there too.
The girls are doing well. Emma's play practices are ramping up. She is also doing a regular cartoon for the school newspaper. Mary Rose is getting used to first grade and the homework involved. Mostly, it's reading which is really improving her skills. Another thing she is getting good at is drawing. Emma gave her an old book on drawing cartoons and she's loving it. I'm so glad I bought so many 5 cent notebooks from Walmart.
That's about all I can think of from the homefront here. Have a blessed day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
7 comments:
Can you believe the 5 cent notebooks!?! I felt like I was stealing! LOL! Daniel's been writing and illustrating books with a couple of his. That's what he'd like to do when he grows up!
That picture of your pantry is awesome! How in the world do you find the time?!?
"That picture of your pantry is awesome! How in the world do you find the time?!?"
It is kinda pretty, isn't it? I love how home canned foods look in the jar. Time...I suppose I just think of it as my full time job for a while. Other folks have different full time jobs. With the economy the way it's headed, I feel like I need to know this stuff. With all the poisons and worse in the food supply these days, I like knowing what's in my family's food. Thankfully for me, each food has a season.
What? No hard cider?
(^_^)
Dad
No cider of any kind. That's another lesson for another year.
Mmmmm...hard cider!
I just want to say amazing
ME (you know who I am)
LOL, Sandra. It is amazing that my family thinks hard cider when you say apples!
Hey, Dad, that would be a good hobby for you!
Post a Comment