What a week this has been. I'm sorry that I haven't been blogging. I guess I don't like to blog/complain. We have been working through some things here. Leaning on God and asking for wisdom and guidance. I suppose that's what we are supposed to be doing anyway, right?
This weekend, Emma has had a bout with what we are thinking is a migraine. It started on Friday night and we ended up in the ER on Sunday morning. She is still battling with it so if you would keep her in your prayers, that would be so appreciated. She has an appointment with a chiropractor that goes to our church this afternoon. I am hopeful she will find some relief today. She had a pretty good day yesterday but it came back a bit in the evening.
Jeff's job is another concern. It is tied to Caterpillar in a way. It started from Caterpillar and currently, it is housed in a Caterpillar building. He is an electronics technician. His company works on industrial machines from factories some large and some small. Business isn't so good when company lines are halted in the many planned week long layoffs many companies are experiencing. He still has a job but the work is sparse and they are all worried just like everyone else around the country, I suppose. They have been told that there will be a few more layoffs and they are rearranging the company to make it more lean. They all took a 5% pay cut. Then along comes an ad in the paper for the railroad...
The BNSF (Burlington Northern, Santa Fe) railroad is hiring electronics technicians in Galesburg. The pay is good. The job is different. It is outside a lot of the time. It is a union job. It would mean either a move or a long commute (if they would even allow that- I think you have to live within 30 miles of the rail yard). Jeff applied and was called to test and interview. Out of 22 people to take the test, only 4 passed it and Jeff was one of the 4. There are 4 job openings. On to the next phase and the conditional offer of employment. Today is some physical testing. The big decision is to move for an unknown, probably more secure job or stay and see if his current company can reinvent itself in the current economy? It is something that we are leaving to God and waiting on answers.
In the meantime, we live life today. I have my surgery scheduled for the beginning of May. Emma starts classroom driver's ed in the middle of April. She tried out and made chamber choir again for next year. I've planted cabbage, lettuce, garlic, onions, sugar snap peas and kale in the garden. I have peppers, tomatoes, chard, iceburg lettuce, marigolds, parsley, summer savory and basil baby plants under the grow lights waiting for it to warm up to be planted outside. I am scheduled to host a new Bible study that will be launching in a couple of weeks. Living life today is what we are supposed to do. The Bible warns us not to put too much stock into plans for tomorrow because we don't know what tomorrow will bring. Making plans for tomorrow with the knowledge that God might change those plans and being willing to follow that path is a better plan.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment