I haven't blogged for a long time. I've been so busy with all kinds of stuff. I have a ton (not literally) of apples that I'm in the middle of processing along with pears. I also have a few pumpkins but they can, thankfully, wait. We decided to take advantage of the interest rates and refinance our house too so we've been fixing some things before the appraiser comes. On top of all that, Farmer Bob called me last night to tell me that my hog goes in...TODAY. Ok. Breathe. I need to rearrange my big freezer to see what will fit in there. My small freezer is filled with tomatoes. If the hog won't fit in the big one, I guess I'll have to make salsa and free up the small one. Good grief. Oh well, I can't complain about blessings of food. Last year I thought that my house was full of food. Well, this year, it is really the little house that's stuffed full of food for the winter. How blessed I am!
Update: I'm finished with the pie filling. I ended up with 12 pints and 10 quarts apple pie filling and 2 pints and 3 quarts pear pie filling. One more batch of applesauce and I can be done with preserving apples. I'm not sure about the pears. I wonder if they'll keep for fresh eating? They are very hard.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
3 comments:
Betty Crocker, I am soo joulous, so me how to do all this wonderful stuff. Me, you know who I am :)
I was trying to say Show me how.. :(
Come on over and I'll show you!
Post a Comment