Speaking of children in the kitchen, Mary Rose decided earlier in the week that she wanted to try Chinese dumplings. She just thought they looked good. I decided that we might try to make them. I found this recipe to try: http://www.art.net/studios/poets/schong/recipe.html.
They were delicious! We had so much fun constructing them even though we couldn't figure out how to make the thing look like an "I", lol! We just kind of pinched up the semi circle and made it look like a little dumpling. Try them out, they were so good!
I have a little advice on the dough. I've learned the secret to a good pasta dough is to knead it like bread dough so I kneaded it in my mixer for about 5 minutes. Let it rest for the 30 minutes and it rolls out like a dream. We only used about half the dough for the recipe and froze the rest. I'm sure we'll either make them again or stuff them with something else.
I put the dumplings into boiling water and when the rose to the top, I boiled them for 6 minutes. They turned out just like we had bought them from a restaurant. I did this in two batches in a large pot. This worked out well because the first batch wasn't too hot for little ones and the second batch was steaming if you like that sort of thing.
By the way, these are delicious the next day fried. :)
Thursday, June 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
1 comment:
I LOVE dumplings! I'll have to try this. Thanks!
Post a Comment