Thursday, June 12, 2008

Psalm 100

I love this Psalm. I hadn't thought of it in a while but recently found it again while doing a Beth Moore study in the Psalms. It means so much to me for many reasons. It describes a faith walk and reminds me of my Grandma.

I suppose that I should take a moment to say that I have been profoundly changed in the last year or so. My mother passed away April 1, 2007. That is a huge life changing experience for anyone. It really made me look at my life and made me turn to God. Things that I thought were important before became unimportant. Life is so fleeting. As I got closer to God, I realized that I needed something that my church wasn't providing. I needed more worship. I craved more worship. I've been to women's conferences where you can feel the Spirit moving and knew that's what I needed. We started to go to a church that did that and it changed our family. My husband was stirred to be the spiritual leader in our family and he's very involved in our church. My kids are very involved and we have had an awesome year. God is so good. Worship was important in the Psalms and it's important now. I didn't realize how important. I really think it connects our spirit with His.

Psalm 100 is also important to me because I memorized it many years ago with my Grandma. I remember coming home from church and I needed to memorize a Psalm. Grandma suggested Psalm 100 and we memorized it together. I think of her whenever I read it. I think of it as a special gift and I want to share it. We memorized it in the King James Version and that's still the version I love.

Psalm 100

Make a joyful noise unto the LORD,
all ye lands.
Serve the LORD with gladness: come
before his presence with singing.
Know ye that the LORD he is God: it
is he that hath made us, and not we our-
selves; we are his people, and the sheep
of his pasture.
Enter into his gates with thanksgiving
and into his courts with praise: be
thankful unto him, and bless his name.
For the LORD is good; his mercy is
everlasting; and his truth endureth to all
generations.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool post! I know that you love that Psalm because you talk about it alot.

Look at me, posting on your blog when you're in the other room!

Love ya, Mom!

Barbara said...

Now that's cute! :)

Susy said...

(((hugs)))

Anonymous said...

YES! I love this one too! Even when we may be struggling with something difficult, God's Word reminds us that we indeed STILL have something to 'shout to the Lord' -- for HE IS GOOD -- his faithful love endure FOREVER -- not only FOREVER, but ALL THINGS!! Your Grandma truly blessed you by taking time to help you memorize this amazing Psalm. And the coolest thing -- is that you memorized it many years ago, and recently, God has given you new insight to it's special meaning to YOU!

Love ya Girlie!
Trixie