Monday, August 25, 2008

School and the first lost tooth

Well, we started school last week. I think we have all the shoes, pencils, pens, paper, crayons, etc. we need for a while. There are back packs, lunch boxes and kleenex bought. Oh! I forgot to send the kleenex. Arn't some of the things on school lists weird? Zip lock bags? At least at the high school level they are a bit more creative, two of Emma's teachers will give 10 points of extra credit for kleenex but they don't require it.

Emma is loving high school. I love how organized our high school is. They give each student a planner that has a calendar with all the dates in it. I can actually plan things. Amazing.

Mary Rose lost her first tooth yesterday! I have been hoping all summer that the bottom two teeth would come out because the permanent teeth are already halfway in. Anyway, the first one is out and she is so excited. She wrote a note to the toothfairy and I have to share it because it's so stinking cute.

"Der The Toothfire
This is mi frst tooth
I had a hord time
geting it aot
by Mary Rose"

Aww!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I lost another tooth last month. Right now, I'm killing time for the last of the dental appointments for a through cleaning. Late dinner tonight unless I want to eat my face through the novicane.

Dad

debbie said...

Did the tooth fairy bring you a dollar?

Barbara said...

That letter is too cute! What a good writer she is!

Our school wanted baby wipes this year. ????

Anonymous said...

That was soo cute, I hope you frame it or do something special with it.
I know you will. Hi Dad I hope the tooth fairy left you $. And Barb, Baby wipes are good for wiping little hands, I think they might remove ink.

debbie said...

Barb, ours requested baby wipes but didn't require them. It's amazing we lived through grade school having to wash our hands in the sink, lol!

debbie said...

Hi Sandra! I did keep it but I keep everything. When I was putting away the tooth, I realized I had kept one of Mary Rose's ear tubes that had fallen out. Blech! Did I throw it away though? Nooo!

Barbara said...

When did Mary Rose have tubes?!?

debbie said...

Mary Rose had them when she was about 19 months old. Where were you, lol!