Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Happy September!

I know it's been September for a few days, I'm a little on the slow side. So far, it's been very good. On Sunday, we decided to have the folks and Mark and Dana over for dinner. We had chuck roast teriyaki, rice (it was way too mushy), bread, and corn. Dad looked at the corn and said he knew where that came from! Mom L. brought blueberry cheesecake because she knows it's Mark's favorite. We had a lovely visit with everyone.

It's so funny that the older you get, the more you appreciate things like that knowing that that is what is sacred. I heard a woman on the radio recently talk about the ordinary being sacred and I've taken that to heart. I've known that for a while but couldn't put it into words like she did. You never know what tomorrow will bring so you need to cherish it.

This week I start two new Bible studies. I'm so excited. The first one is a Liz Curtis Higgs book called Bad Girls of the Bible. The other one starts on Friday morning it's a Beth Moore Living Beyond Yourself Exploring the Fruit of the Spirit. These ladies have two totally different styles but I'm looking forward to both of them. I love Bible studies. I love how they get you into the Bible and I love how they lead us as women to talk to each other. To share with each other. To build relationships that arn't superficial but really based on something.

Other than that, I've been making salsa this week. I made and canned 6 pints yesterday and have another 12 pints or so cooking right now. I love to look at the rows of jars when they are finished and hear the 'pops' as they seal. I'm a dork, I know. I have a bunch of cucumbers that I have to deal with tomorrow and one more batch of salsa to make. I love this time of year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That roast was so good that I tried one on the grill the other
day. It came out very well too. Only instead of teriyaki, I used Jack Daniel's BBQ sauce. Took two days to eat it though. (^_^)

Dad