Saturday, November 22, 2008

Joseph and The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat

What a great job the high school did on their production of Joseph and The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat! Last year was the first year I'd ever seen it and we went to Lincoln Christian College to see it. I think I liked the high school production better. I can't believe how many gorgeous voices there are at the high school. The boy who played Joseph has an amazing voice. I'm sure he was better than the college guy who played him. The same is true for Pharoah. A wonderful Elvis impersonation. We had so much fun watching it. Mary Rose was glued to it. It was sold out last night and I'll bet it was tonight too.

As if the musical wasn't enough, the choirs are preparing for the Madrigals too. For the last 2 years, Emma has been going with a friend of hers and now she gets to be a part of it. All the choirs help but the Chamber choir actually does the performance and Emma is in Chamber. She saw her dress last week and she's sooooo excited. I think she has a bit of Aunt Sue in her and wants to dress up in her beautiful garb. The production is a pirate story I've heard. I can't wait.

The Chamber choir found out yesterday their director was ringing a bell at Kroger today and they all volunteered to sing Christmas carols during her stint. They did a beautiful job and had so much fun. Kroger was really nice to them and gave them cookies. These are the things I love about the holidays.

No comments: