Sunday, November 30, 2008

Reasons I should pay attention to the weather...

We woke up to a winter wonderland this morning. So pretty. I turned on the weather radio and learned this:


Issued by The National Weather ServiceLincoln, IL 7:19 am CST, Sun., Nov. 30, 2008
... WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 AM CST MONDAY...
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN LINCOLN HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WARNING FOR HEAVY SNOW... WHICH IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 AM CST MONDAY. THE WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT.
PERIODS OF SNOW WILL CONTINUE OVER NORTH-CENTRAL ILLINOIS TODAY AND TONIGHT. PORTIONS OF THE BLOOMINGTON AREA HAVE ALREADY SEEN ABOUT 4 INCHES OF SNOW... AND ADDITIONAL HEAVY SNOWFALL WILL BE LIKELY. SNOW WILL BE HEAVY AT TIMES TODAY AND THIS EVENING... WITH SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF 5 TO 7 INCHES POSSIBLE. ALTHOUGH THE SNOW WILL TAPER OFF LATE TONIGHT AND MONDAY MORNING... WINDS ARE EXPECTED TO INCREASE THIS AFTERNOON AND TONIGHT. THIS WILL CAUSE CONSIDERABLE BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW WHICH WILL MAKE TRAVEL HAZARDOUS.
A WINTER STORM WARNING FOR HEAVY SNOW MEANS SEVERE WINTER WEATHER CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF SNOW ARE FORECAST THAT WILL MAKE TRAVEL DANGEROUS. ONLY TRAVEL IN AN EMERGENCY. IF YOU MUST TRAVEL... KEEP AN EXTRA FLASHLIGHT... FOOD... AND WATER IN YOUR VEHICLE IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY.



I think we will be staying home and drinking hot beverages today. It's a good thing the pantry is stocked. This took me completely by suprise.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gee Deb, they've been forcasting it all weekend so far. I have about an inch on the garage roof and just a dusting on the driveway and street. The ground's pretty warm still. Anyhow, it does look like a day indoors today.

(^_^)

Dad

debbie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
debbie said...

I didn't mean to delete my whole comment, lol. I guess I'm still learning.

I do need to pay attention to the weather, Dad, it took me completely by suprise.

It's about 10:30am. We thought we shouldn't go to church since there is a winter storm warning. We have at least 4 inches piled on tables in the back yard. There is enough for a good snowball fight and the girls are making a snowman. It is starting to stick on the road pretty well. It's really slushy and messy since it's still pretty warm(mid 30's)outside.

It's supposed to snow all day and the wind is supposed to pick up later. It really is quite beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Don't you just miss CA this time of year? The sun was shinning and I was wearing a sweat shirt. I went to pick up Allen and he rolled down the windows because he was HOT. I had just took the chill off with the car heater... Love YAH

debbie said...

LOL, Sandra, the kids don't think so. They have a snow day today. I like snow for the first couple of snowstorms and then I'm done.