Saturday, January 10, 2009

Bread




I promised Barb that I would share the recipe for whole wheat bread. It's not an original but it is the best whole wheat bread! I've been making it for about 2 years now. At first I made it in my kitchenAid mixer two loaves at a time. I almost wore the poor thing out. I've found out since that it's recommended to knead for 4 minutes, let the motor rest for a while and finish kneading. I'm sure that would work better. About 18 months ago, I got a Bosch mixer. I love this thing! It's pretty expensive, but so worth it. I can make 6 loaves of bread at once and it doesn't faze it. Jeff says the guys at work (electrical repair guys) are impressed with Bosch and say it's a great company. I have gone to the site I bought mine from (Pleasant Hill Grain) and I see they have a whole new design this year. Here's the site if you want to see:
Anyway, back to the recipe. Here is a link to the 2 loaf recipe:


I think I'm link happy today. As you can see, I am far from original. I don't reinvent the wheel if I don't have to, lol but I also don't want to take the credit from someone else. When something works for me, I'll sure share it and give credit where credit is due.

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Thanks Deb!! I can't wait to try it out.