Friday, January 30, 2009

Hats off to Bobbi

Years ago, Barb's MIL, Bobbi, made a yummy cake with chocolate cake mix, eggs and cherry pie filling. Every once in a while, I get in the mood for it and make it. Yesterday, as I was looking at a white cake mix in my cupboard, I had thoughts about a quick dessert. We used all the cherry pie filling but I had apple pie filling. I wondered if that would work. I am here to tell you it was amazing! Slightly spicy and very fruity and oh, so simple. I didn't bother to look up my recipe but I dumped the cake mix, two slightly beaten eggs and a quart of apple pie filling into a bowl and stirred. I sprayed a 9 x 13 inch cake pan and put a bit of flour in the bottom. I then baked it at 350* for about 30 minutes until a toothpick came out clean. Oh, yum!

1 comment:

Barbara said...

That cherry cake is Bobbi's go-to dessert. She makes it often. Glad to see you were able to adapt it! :)