It's Emma's lucky day, for sure. We have probably 6 inches of snow and a snow day. The best part for her is she was supposed to have an algebra final today. Why didn't I ever get so lucky?
I'm waiting to hear if Jeff made it to work ok. It always makes me nervous for him to drive in this stuff in the dark.
The temperature is about 20 right now but it's supposed to drop all day and tomorrow is supposed to be -2 with a -30 wind chill. Ouch. I'll just look at my seeds and think spring.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
7 comments:
I was just staring at the snow in my drive and dreading going out later and doing something about it.
Thank heavens for a 6 hp snow thrower.
Dad
At least you've got snow. It's just cold here. What I've hated about this winter is that the temps go up and down so wildly. Our lows tonight are in the negatives and in a few days, it'll be in the 60's. I hate that.
Tell Emma to enjoy her snow day...I didn't get snow days during finals either!
I'd love to see 60!!!! Even for a day. I'd go outside without a coat. I'd open a couple of windows and just breathe.
I had to go switch cars around today and shovel off the porch for the mailman. My fingers hurt they were so cold. Dad called this morning to say he finished his porch and driveway. We agreed it was best done before the really cold stuff came.
It's 48 here, and that's the cold side of what we've been getting. I don't miss that nasty cold at all.
It's not the 60's that I mind...it's the dip to 10 a couple hours later that bugs me!
And Sue...I hate you. ;) Our low tonight is going to be -3. Wonder what it is in Dubuque.
When I got online this morning, the temp said -16. My thermometer says it's more like -10. Either way, yuck. School's cancelled again today. This time for extreme cold and blowing snow. I don't even want to know what the wind chill is when the actual temperature is below zero.
The guys on the radio yesterday were talking about how, in Alaska, it has to be -25 before the kids don't have to go outside to recess. Drawing on my lunchlady days, in our school district the magic number is 20. If the actual temperature or wind chill is 20, the kids have inside recess.
A funny note. We have coat hooks on the inside of our north facing wooden front door. Last night, I was checking if the door was locked and my fleece wrap was frozen to the inside of the door!
Post a Comment