I am enjoying the "fruits" of my herb garden so much this winter. Right now, I'm sipping spearmint tea and Jeff is sipping chamomile tea. I have been using my oregano, thyme, parsley, dill, chives, sage and rosemary by themselves and to make poultry seasoning, Italian seasoning, taco seasoning, sausage seasoning, etc. It's so nice to open up a jar and know where it came from. I remember picking it and how it smelled in the dehyrator while it was drying - especially the chamomile- that's one of my all time favorite smells.
It's so easy to grow your own herbs and many of them, including oregano, thyme and sage are perennials - they come back year after year. The rosemary would be a perennial if I lived in a warmer climate or I brought it inside for the winter. This year I plan to add summer savory, basil (I've grown this before) and anise hyssop. I have a free packet of evening primrose that I'm debating. It is supposed to grow very tall and be very invasive. It is, however, a wonderful plant to have. I'm also thinking of starting another peppermint. I have to be the only person on the planet to kill peppermint. The spearmint is taking over my herb garden but the peppermint died.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
4 comments:
I have a little basil plant in my kitchen window. I love it. I should plant more herbs. Even if just in my kitchen!
Hey Deb when the snow melts and the sun shines take a picture of you herb garden and post it on the net, I would love to see it.=)
Sandra
Herbs are so much fun to grow. They really don't take much room (well, most of them don't) and they can easily be grown in a container. Parsley is a pretty plant and handy to have.
Sandra, I dug up some pictures from last year and made a new post. Thanks for asking, it made me warm to look at them.
Post a Comment