
This is something new we tried. An old drawer as a planting box. Not an especially good idea since it wanted to fall apart. Jeff had to wire it closed. Inside is a squash called Tatume. The vine climbed the fence and the squashes were round. They tasted a lot like zucchini. I'm not sure if I'm going to plant it again or not. I have more seeds.

This is the salad turtle. This worked pretty well. I need to thin them out more though. I picked up a couple more small swimming pools to plant in this year. I drove by them at the curb on trash day and they became mine.

Last year, Jeff made me three 3 x 5 foot planting boxes. This is a close up of one of them. I'm trying to remember what's planted. In the back is a volunteer pumpkin. It grew on the trellis. There are carrots, onions, radishes, beans and beets, I think.

Here's a long shot of the garden boxes. On the far left, I planted the whole box with peas. This year, I will plant sugar snaps instead of English peas. I can see a cabbage and onions in the other box. I had some lettuce, spinach and some more peas in the middle.

This is my original plot. On the wooden fence, alongside the garage, I planted lemon cucumbers. In the box at the back of the garden, I planted white potatoes. On the trellis on the garage, Jeff is growing hops. The box on this side of the window of the garage had melons but the didn't do well. The fence stakes on the left of the garden plot are for tomatoes. The cages have peppers, On the very right row of my garden, I grew watermelon. They were good but they take a lot of room and we will skip melons this year. And, Sandra, for you, inside the bricks is my herb spiral. This year, I spilled out of it and I planted chamomile in the space in front of my peppers.
No comments:
Post a Comment