Saturday, August 29, 2009

Corn

I didn't think I would be freezing any corn this year because raccoons got into Farmer Bob's patch. I really thought I'd just skip it this year. Then I started to think about it. No fresh sweet corn this winter. So, I went to the place I bought the peaches and bought a bag of sweet corn. The bag held 65 ears of corn. This morning, we processed it. The girls had shucking duty. They were thrilled. At least this was a small amount, relatively speaking. The last couple of years, I did a little more than twice this many.

At times like this, I love having a blog. I reviewed last year's adventures and was reminded of a few tips so that it went fairly smoothly. It really only took about and hour and a half and we put 23 bags of corn in the freezer for the winter. I usually have more than twice that many but at least we have that.

No comments: