It's the last day of August. I was hopeful til the last that we would really have a summer this year. Not that I love stinky hot humid weather, but the garden does. The weather has definately turned fall like. The nights have been cool and now the temperature is in the 40's at night. This weekend, the highs were in the 60's. Not dog day of summer weather at all. I know that last year we had a lot of cool-ish weather but it was mixed with normal weather. This year, I think we had two weeks with a few days of stinky weather. Weird. Makes me wonder what the winter will be like. Farmer Bob thinks we will have early September frosts. We really arn't that far away from that right now.
The girls are settling in at school. Well, Emma is. Mary Rose was out Wed.-Fri. with a slight fever and bad cough. She's better and at school today. Emma seems to be getting used to her schedule so far. She started a job at the library too. She should get her first pay check this week. That will make it all worth it, I'm sure. She is still on a heat schedule (they schedule this in automatically, they don't need the heat schedule this year at all) until after Labor Day. The end of that week will also see musical try outs. This year's musical is ANNIE. We'll see how musical rehearsals and a job go together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
3 comments:
Ahhh...juggling after school activities and a job. I remember doing that. Not fun at all.
Yeah, but she wants an old VW bug.
The air cooled one. The 30 year old one. I saw a rusty one on War
Drive yesterday that was actually running.
(^_^)
Dad
The one that sometimes have the battery catch on fire under your backseat passengers? LOL! (yes, that actually happened. And I was the one sitting on it! Thank goodness it was a convertable and had the top down!!!!!)
Post a Comment