Monday, August 3, 2009

My house is a wreck!

With so much time spent on canning last week, my house sure shows the neglect. The girls have been a big help (especially Emma) keeping up with the basics and laundry but it needs a big clean today. My garden is looking a bit wild too. It needs to be weeded in a big way and I have baby cabbages, kale, broccoli and brussel's sprouts that need to go into the garden. I think I probably planted the seeds a bit late but they are looking really good and I should plant them.

I also should make bread for the freezer. I didn't have time last week and resorted to (gasp!) buying bread! Good grief, bread is expensive! Who knew?

I registered Mary Rose for school last week. She starts August 18. I can't believe the summer has flown by so fast. It sure has been wonderful weather. We just set a record for the coolest July on record. We never hit 90* at all. The weather pattern is predicted to stay about the same. Odd. I'm sure that we will get hot just in time for school to start. The grade school has had air conditioning for a couple of years now but most of the high school does not.

2 comments:

Barbara said...

We start school on the 17th. Second year in a row that we start on a Monday. I love that!!!

debbie said...

This is the first year that we've NOT started on a Thursday, I think.