There is a purpose for today and it isn't to get to tomorrow. I want to remember to look for God's purpose in today and be a blessing to those around me.
Sunday, August 16, 2009
Forrest Park Nature Center
Jeff took Friday and Monday off to enjoy the last bit of summer. Friday, we went to Forrest Park Nature Center and had a beautiful hike in perfect weather. We saw three deer and many wild turkeys.
There were probably about 6 of them. They didn't get very close. Barb and I saw some when we went a couple of years ago. We saw some last year when we went camping at Jubilee too. Maybe the population is increasing?
Sounds like you guys had a great time. I love all the pictures you shared. Are the girls headed back to school yet? Mine are all graduated :( or is it :) never know.....
I am a midwestern housewife. I like the sound of that. I find a joy and an awesome responsibility to be the keeper of my home, the heart of my family and yes, a lot of the time, the cleaner of the toilet. I am my husband's wife, my daughters' mother, a stepmom, a mother in law, a granny and a grateful servant of Jesus.
5 comments:
I never saw any turkeys there! I didn't even know there were any. Those things are mean and ugly.
There were probably about 6 of them. They didn't get very close. Barb and I saw some when we went a couple of years ago. We saw some last year when we went camping at Jubilee too. Maybe the population is increasing?
Yeah, I remember seeing the turkeys. I love Forrest Park!
Sounds like you guys had a great time. I love all the pictures you shared. Are the girls headed back to school yet? Mine are all graduated
:( or is it :) never know.....
They went back to school on Tuesday. Today is the first full day for Mary Rose and Emma starts a new job today as a library page.
Post a Comment